As an Uber driver, one of the main benefits that you receive is the simplicity of time. You get to drive for Uber the hours that you can and when you can. This is ensuring that you are in total control of how much you make as an Uber driver. With that in mind, though, sometimes are better to drive at than others would be for you. If you want to know what Uber is, you can read this article found here.
Any individual who wants to get the most out of their time as an Uber driver would do well to look at finding the best times to hop into the seat and sign on for maximum potential profits.
Obviously, the challenge in finding the best time of day is knowing how it applies to your own particular city. Every city has its own peaks and interests, so it’s hard to have a set time to look into. However, you can count on the following:
- In the morning, the majority of the city is travelling to work, or school.
- In the evening, they are heading home from their work, or school.
- After hours, people are going to clubs, hot spots, restaurants and the like.
- At the weekend, they tend to be out and about enjoying themselves generally.
Depending on where you live and the kind of amenities on show, you can find the best time to drive for Uber might be at night when all the travelers are out, looking for a fun time. Others tend to find that hopping out during the day allows for quieter roads and easier fares, but the quality of the fare might not be quite as good as you would have hoped.
As such, you need to determine the best times to drive for Uber, and where you will be going if you want to make the most money that you can.
Avoid the ‘Facts’
One issue to look out for is the ‘fact’ that Uber pushes a bunch of times that are the best for you to work. These generally quite generic and dour, and tend to have very little specific correlation to where you live. The best times to drive for Uber are, according to the company, in the early hours of the morning and late afternoon to early evening. This is not based on anything other than data collection and does not take into account the kind of city that you live in.
You need to take the time to research your own city, not just data. Survey the streets as you work and see when the most venues are open. Another thing that you can do to make your choices and overall accuracy more impressive is to start looking around for local events that might need extra transport.
For example, big sports events, holidays, social events, big parties, political events, cultural celebrations and the like all make very useful times to go and look into the best times to travel out and work. You can find that just by simply following what the majority of people are doing that you can become much closer to where you want to be.
The times to go out, though, are usually the weekends. If you don’t mind working late at the weekend, then you can pick up plenty of drunken travelers who need a lift home. This makes it very easy for you to know when to head out to Uber – we all know that people who have enjoyed a few beverages are more generous with tips, too!
However, some general logical suggestions do exist from city to city just due to the fault lines of society. Let’s take a look.
The Best Times to Drive for Uber
- A lot of people find that being out during the Monday-Friday rush is best to left until 4-9:30AM. OK, so it means working a ‘graveyard’ shift but it also means you can find a few good surge pick-ups. Most drivers hate this kind of shift so it leaves the floor to you and a few ambitious others. People are out at all hours so don’t expect this to be a quiet period – people getting home from night shifts etc. can use your service. Keep in mind that during this time you’ll most likely find some airport runs as well.
- If you prefer to go out at night then you can do so, too. Just make sure you go from 4-9PM as this is when you get a lot of people heading back from work, college and events they were at. It’s a good time to work but be aware that, regardless of city, this is likely to be the busiest hours on the road. While this puts lots of drivers off going out, you can probably surge prices to get the right value for your time.
- A good time to make runs is 9PM-3AM on a Friday night. It gives you a chance to get all of the people out blowing off steam after a hard week. A good way to make extra because everyone expects prices at the weekend to go up. This is the same for a Saturday, too; if you prefer a Friday off and a Saturday out, you can do so and still make a pretty good living.
- Sundays 6-10AM are good bets to catch all the people crawling home after a wild night. Good for the stories as much as the money, this is a fine time to get out there. Less competition and surge pricing leads to pretty profitable encounters with people from all over the place.
With all of that in mind, then, you should find it much easier to start making a reliable and consistent profit when you are working with Uber. Be sure to pay attention to events going on in and around the city; it makes it much easier for you to appreciate what lies ahead as much as anything else.
It also makes it simpler to build your shifts around the days and nights that you do want to work. From picking up large groups leaving parties and events to getting through lots of clients due to quiet roads, you can find numerous ways to up your profit margins thanks to Uber.
Last Updated on by